Neil Vodden joined Frederick Crowther in 2013 as Quality Manager bringing nearly 30 years experience in Engineering Management to the business. He has worked in production, quality, and business improvement environments throughout his career gaining knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, inspection, quality control and manufacturing processes through working to ISO 9001:2008 quality system requirements and EHS management principles.
He has direct responsibility for the maintenance and development of the Business Management Systems on site, ensuring the continued accreditation to ISO9001:2008 and the promotion of initiatives to meet the requirements of ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Neil's main responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and developing the Quality and EHS management systems.
- Developing safe working practices and risk management protocols
- Data analysis and reporting
- Process improvement activities.
- Defect reduction and customer satisfaction.
- Established data monitoring methods to capture business issues that will ensure accurate data collection, trend analysis and effective corrective action implementation.
- Developed business KPIs to determine quality targets and objectives.
- Designed, developed and implemented monitoring system for internal audit, external audit, supplier, customer and EHS issues.
- Developed closed loop business review processes to carry out trend analysis and identify subsequent improvement actions.
- Introduced supplier defect reporting process to ensure suppliers carry out effective corrective actions.
- Developed and implemented internal EHS audit process to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.